Café Artigiano is one of my favourite coffee places. The quality, taste, and atmosphere is so pleasant. It’s perfect for when you have a little time to indulge as you would not want to rush a positive experience! For this assignment, I am going to use tracking tools to analyze how well it is doing in the social media world.
Addictomatic allows you create a custom page of search results across multiple social media platforms. When I searched for Café Artigiano, I received the following results.
I was impressed because it summarizes many social media platforms in a very clear way! Also, it only takes a few seconds before all of this is generated. As you can see, the platforms that Café Artigiano has activity on are the following:
Google Blog Search
I noticed that Addictomatic does not pick up Facebook activity and that is a limitation because it is one of the most commonly used social media platforms. This is a good analytics tool that captures qualitative data.
The next analytics tool I would like to talk about is Social Mention. This website allows you to gather a number of conversations and statistics on specific keywords. When I searched Café Artigiano here, these are my results.
Social Mention is a good analytics site because it shows you both quantitative and qualitative data. They measure sentiments, passion, reach, keywords, top users and where the sources are coming from. They also display the actual sources and content where there is activity, like Addictomatic. Examples are Twitter, Youtube, Picassaweb and Facebook.
A current limitation to Social Mention is that the Café Artigiano search brings up some irrelevant content as well. For instance, one of the top users is Mathew Wood. Social Mention will show all of his video’s that he posts too such as on baby raccoons and rabbits playing (cute, but not what I am looking for).
10 conversations that I have found about Caffe Artigiano – Downtown from Vancouver Urbanspoon found here:
- 29 TheWestCoasters Diner from Edmonton Joined Oct 2010 Mobile review FAVOURITE DINER REVIEW • DEC 23, 2012 JJ may have my favourite beans but Art makes my favourite Cap (its gotta be the milk).
- 296 Fat Panda Blogger from Vancouver Fat Panda LIKES IT BLOGGER REVIEW • SEP 27, 2012 To tell you the truth, I came to Caffè Artigiano for the cute latte arts and the to die for banana bread. And that is what I got.
- 51 BiteMe Blogger from Toronto BiteMe LIKES IT BLOGGER REVIEW • APR 10, 2012 dre in downtown Vancouver: The great thing about where I was staying and the office is that it is in the heart of downtown Vancouver. There was an abundance of coffee shops around and I…
- 134 I’m Busy Eating! Blogger from Vancouver I’m Busy Eating! BLOGGER REVIEW • JAN 11, 2012 This one was OK, it didn’t have microfoam throughout (1/4 was not) but I was happy. Anything is better than Starbucks who steam milk + scoop out foam on to your drinks…
- 446 Eating in Vancouver & the World Blogger from Vancouver Eating in Vancouver & the World BLOGGER REVIEW • MAY 04, 2011 This busy location on Hornby has excellent ambiance and is a great spot to visit. Some of their must try coffees include their…
- 17 Lady T Diner from Vancouver Joined Jun 2011 Mobile review LIKES IT DINER REVIEW • JUN 23, 2011 Super busy when I went in at 10am, but managed to find a seat around some if the friendliest people! A pretty strong unique tasting latte, with a lovely clean art on top if you’re into that : ) everyone was happy there, always a good sign!
- 35 Nicole Diner from Toronto Joined Jul 2009 Amazing!! FAVOURITE DINER REVIEW • JUL 31, 2009 I cannot rave about this place enough. The coffee here is AMAZING. This is coffee at its maximum capacity of taste. It is so good! The service here is excellent; the staff is very friendly and quick. The place is clean and cozy, making it a great place to sit around and talk with your friends or a great place to take a book and read. You absolutely must try their lattes here. Not only are they beyond amazing, each latte comes with its own unique design in the milk. In fact, the whole wall of the cafe is filled with photographs of the various designs you can get. They also offer a variety of specialty coffees here as well as desserts. I highly highly recommend this place. The absolute must-try: A latte
- 28 Coffee Rob Diner from Vancouver Joined Apr 2009 Not just another cafe LIKES IT DINER REVIEW • APR 30, 2009 As the story goes the Piccolo brothers, (Vince, Sammy and Mike) wanted to create a different type of cafe in Vancouver, one that completely centered around quality, comfort and lively atmosphere regardless of how busy they where. It wasn’t meant to combat the huge trend of cookie cutter cafes in the Vancouver region, we don’t need another Waves or Blenz or Starbucks do we? But more to show what quality a café really can achieve.
- 122 Greedy Guts Blogger from Vancouver Greedy Guts LIKES IT BLOGGER REVIEW • MAR 18, 2009 Brief Description: At Cafe Artigiano, award-winning baristas artfully create delectable Italian style coffee. Linger in elegant and welcoming surroundings with a cup of the best coffee in…
- 154 Sinja Diner from Vancouver Joined Feb 2009 Amazing Cafe FAVOURITE DINER REVIEW • FEB 12, 2009 This place is nothing short of amazing. Best chai in town.
There is general consensus that the coffee is high quality, the barristas know what they are doing, and the ambiance is great.
A couple of examples that had a difference in opinion were from the first review. This individual said that they enjoy JJ Beans more but all in all the coffee at Artigiano is good perhaps “it’s the milk”. I would rate this as being a neutral and perhaps negative because Café Artigiano prides itself in the quality of the beans. In addition, the fourth reviewer indicated that the coffee was “ok” and that “anything is better than Starbucks”. Café Artigiano is not in direct competition with places like Starbucks rather, a more comparable coffee shop would be 49th Parallel. I would not consider this a real compliment.
I would rate the overall sentiment as being a 8:2 indicating that for every 8 positive comments there are about 2 negative comments.
There you have it! Cafe Artigiano’s in a generally healthy online state!
Let me know what you think and where you love to go for a great cup of Joe!